Roadtech is a new and smart way to build the roads of tomorrow.
It is a road stabilization agent specifically designed for mine haul-road stabilization, where excessive loading occurs and where all-weather roads are required. This technology is now used in commercial road design. Roadtech has been extensively utilized in base and sub-base stabilization using in-situ materials, throughout the developing world.
Roadtech stabilizing polymers are elastomers, which gain strength from mechanical compaction and do not become brittle when cured. The elastomer is able to flex under load and unlike cement stabilization, will not crack under excessive loading – one aspect in reducing layer work in design phases.
Roadtech stabilizers have been purposely designed to penetrate through the road’s base layer, into the sub-base layer, via capillary action. This sub-base strengthening process is of significant importance as we are not only stabilizing the road’s base layer, but also creating a semi-bound sub-base. From a road design perspective, a strengthened sub-base may negate the need for further layer-works. Roadtech, in many instances, transforms insitu materials that would normally be classified as unusable or waste materials, into suitably modified aggregates, for use in base and sub-base layer construction.
With Roadtech Smart Concrete you can :
- Reduce the consumption of quarry aggregate in conventional construction
- In many instances in-situ materials can be used
- Speed up construction time
- Reduce construction costs
- Dramatically reduce CO2 emissions
- Reduced maintenance – as long as the asphalt wearing course layer is maintained, the structural integrity of the road will be preserved, with the road pavement remaining rut-free and eliminating the need for base or sub-base maintenance.
- Multi-layer stabilization with Roadtech technology
- Reduce road construction costs by 20-30%
- Reduce construction time by 30%
- ISO 9001 & ISO 14001